The holiday season is a wonderful time for family, friends, and gratitude. Christmas reminds us of the power of a kind gesture, word, loving action or connection we can have upon one another. Those who are more selfless will also produce far greater levels of dopamine, and endorphins the “feel good” hormones which are vital and highly beneficial to our mental well-being. Make the most of this holiday season by doing some great deeds for those around you and brighten the lives of loved one and strangers alike.
20 Acts of Kindness:
- Anonymous generosity
- Foster animals for the holiday season
- Visit a nursing home
- Smile at someone
- Leave a treat in the mailbox for your postal worker
- Pick up litter
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Babysitting for other parents
- Library book drive
- Think of the amazing people in your life, take an hour to write those people a letter telling them why they’re amazing.
- Make a handmade gift
- Hold the door open for somebody
- Hug somebody
- Let someone get in line ahead of you
- Leave a friendly note somewhere
- Support a small business
- Write letters to deployed soldiers
- Give a compliment
- Donate to a charity
- Donate animal food to a local shelter
December is the month of cheer and joy for so many, but it is also a month that so many struggle for different reasons. This makes the mission field huge with opportunity for each of us to make a real difference this season. Happy Holidays!!