Some foods people eat can be introduced to a dog’s diet just fine, and even provide health benefits such as joint strength, better breath, and allergy immunity. But, before giving them anything, learning which foods are safe and which would send your four-legged friend to the emergency vet is key to creating a safe environment for your pup. They may beg with those big puppy dog eyes and head tilted sideways but stay strong!
10 most dangerous foods:
1. Macadamia Nuts
· Could suffer from weakness, nausea, or even paralysis. Just six raw or roasted macadamia nuts can make a dog sick.
2. Cooked Bones
· Cooked bones are more brittle than raw ones, making them more likely to splinter when your dog chews them. The most concerning outcome is blockage in the intestinal tract or stomach lacerations.
3. Onions and Garlic
· These can make dogs anemic only when ingested raw or in large quantities.
4. Grapes and raisins
· Can cause rapid kidney failure. Vomiting over and over is an early sign. Within a day, your dog will get sluggish and depressed.
· They have something called persin. Too much might cause vomiting or diarrhea in dogs. Also, the avocado seed can become stuck in the intestines or stomach, and obstruction could be fatal.
· Alcohol has the same effect on a dog’s liver and brain that it has on people. But it takes a lot less to hurt your dog.
· Caffeine is extremely dangerous to dogs, and within 1-2 hours, your dog could be experiencing mild to severe hyperactivity, restlessness, or vomiting. Can be toxic to the heart and nervous system.
8. Milk and other dairy products
· Milk and milk-based products can cause diarrhea and other digestive problems for your dog. They can also trigger food allergies, which can cause them to itch.
· The extremely dangerous types are dark chocolate and unsweetened baking chocolate. Chocolate can cause a dog to vomit and have diarrhea. It can also cause heart problems, tremors, seizures, and death.
10. Persimmon, peaches, and plums
· Pits/seeds from these fruits can cause intestinal issues in dogs. Additionally, peach, and plum pits have cyanide, which is poisonous to dogs and people.
If you are unsure if you can feed a food to your dog, always consult your veterinarian first. As a general rule of thumb, it is best to avoid feeding your dog human food anyways
Why do horses have the stamina to run for extended periods? Horses can accommodate great oxygen demands with a specialized circulatory and respiratory system. This means they can provide the oxygen their muscles need during exercise. While the respiratory system transports oxygen, the equine circulatory system is a bit more complex.