What is Integrative Veterinary Medicine (IVM) and how can my horse benefit from it?
These are great questions. We are bringing to you a well-rounded equine veterinarian to discuss the answers to these questions and review her approach to equine wellness and treatment.
Dr. Carla Francheville graduated from vet school in 2003, then went on to study at the Chi Institute of Chinese Medicine in 2004. She quickly noticed the surplus of general equine veterinarians as well as the need for more specialized services in SW Florida—particularly lameness and sports medicine. With her interest and natural talent in these areas, she founded Sunny Coast Veterinary in 2005, to follow her passion and fill Florida’s immediate need.
Since then, she has expanded and started a practice in Nova Scotia, Canada, again due to the need she recognized there. Her practices provide a unique and successful combination of Eastern and Western medicine creating a holistic approach. Clients bring horses from all over the United States and Canada to her for treatment.
Watch the full video to dive into:
· The parallel between equine soreness and anxiety (check out this Benefab® bundle to address soreness in your horse)
· The five elements in Chinese Medicine
· Learn what personalities (aka “horse-anilities”) corelate with what medical tendencies
· Learn what acupuncture is
· Why herbs are so important
If you’d like to reach Dr. Francheville, visit sunnycoastvet.com