A lot of people say love is all we need. Well, the realist in me says we need a lot more than that, but the optimist in me says that is a big part of the puzzle that I hope everyone gets. Many people relate the word “love” with “happiness”. Our animals make us happy because we love them, but what about the other way around?
Is your dog happy?
1. Relaxed eyes and eyelids:Blinking often and they have a soft glaze in their eyes.
2. Ears:Our dogs’ ears should be restful and at ease. When dogs are angry, similar to a horse, their ears tend to flatten against their head.
3. Wagging tail:If your canine is using their whole body to wag their tail, they are happy. Does your dog do this when you walk through the door?
4. Enjoying playtime:
Most dogs love a nice game of fetch, a stroll in your neighborhood, or even a trip to the local dog park. You name it, wherever your destination may be if your canine is being playful, they are feeling cheerful. One of the positions a dog has when they are ready to play is a bow. (That is when they are leaning on their elbows with their front legs stretched out. Your dog’s chest will be close to the ground, almost like they are going to lay down and their rear end is in the air. This position means playtime!)
5.Appetite:If your pooch has an adequate appetite and is eating regularly, this is an indicator that they are satisfied.
6. Dancing:Believe it or not, dogs like to dance just as much as some people do. If your dog a doing a happy bounce around the house, they are excited to see you.
7. Barking:Joyful dogs have higher pitched barks. Getting familiar with your dog’s voice will help you better understand each other. Pro tip: The noises dogs make differ from human speech patterns, but they have vocal cords like humans. Comparable to humans, dogs have a larynx (voice box) that replicates ours. Dogs and humans in relation have lungs that inhale and exhale air, and we have the same vocal tract as well. Vocalization becomes a special trait that both of you can share, but because of their anatomy, they cannot “talk” like you and me.
8. Leaning into you:Your dog will do this when they are feeling connected, and they cherish your love and attention.
9.Smiling:Some people say this is a real thing. Watch to see if your dog smiles when you enter a room, just the sound of your voice may give them an on-going grin.
10.Clean coat: A radiant, healthy coat will not only make your dog happy (think of after bath playfulness), but this is also sign that they are in fine health.
Our dogs are important to us as we are to them. It has been proven that they help with many health benefits such as improving heart health, they keep us fit and active, reduce stress and lower anxiety, and for many of us they add meaning and purpose to our lives. Happiness comes down to everything from body language to emotions. Having true connection with your dog means the world to them. Remember, you are their whole world.
Getting a feel and a sense of what your dog needs and wants are will go a long way in not only helping them mentally, but physically as well.
Ever wondered why puppy love is so strong? When our canine companions stare into our eyes, they activate the hormonal response that bonds us to human infants.
If you want to know more about your dog’s happiness, then use these 10 signs mentioned above. We know that companionship is about loving, caring, and understanding your canines needs. If you can do that, your bond will continue to be unbreakable.
Here at Benefab®, we care about your dog. That is why we developed a line of canine products including the Benefab® Canine Comfort Suit. It provides supportive compression for anxiety and comfort. Our fabric also emits far-infrared rays keeping muscles, joints, tendons, and ligaments more supple and relaxed. Our Canine Comfort Suit also aids in increasing oxygen flow, decreasing inflammation, and easing pain.
Plants are not just useful to have in your garden, but they are beneficial to your health. Moringa Plants are well known for their several health benefits, and because of that characteristic, they are called "The Tree of Life."