Choosing the Right Polo Wraps By Emily Konkel
Polo wraps are extremely important tools to have for your horse. First, we will go over the four main reasons polo wraps are used.
– These wraps can protect a sore, bruised or injured leg. They canalso protect the leg while riding against sand, rocks or debris that is kicked up or prevent injury from hitting a fence while jumping.
– Polo wraps support the ligaments and tendons of the horse’s lower legs. Polo wraps keep the ligaments and tendons in the proper position while riding. It also protects the tendons from overstretching.
– Polo wraps can be used in training session to help the rider. Bright and different colored wraps and a mirror while riding can help the rider recognize which leg is which.
– Some riders like the way polo wraps look. Wrapping a dressage horses legs in white polo wraps can make the horse appear more balanced. Some owners use bright neon orange polo wraps on their horses that are turned out during hunting season.
Obviously, the most important things to consider when purchasing the right polo wrap are protection and support. (Although the other two are just a bonus!)
There are many different options for polo wraps. We will highlight a couple of the most popular polo wraps brands. In addition, we will also look at the BeneFab™ Ceramic Polo Wraps.
Classic Equine Polo Wrap
s – These polo wraps are used for protection and support. There are several different color and pattern options for training and appearance. They are made of 500 gram fleece. 4-1/2" wide x 108" long, sold in packages of four.
Professional’s Choice Polo Wraps
– These wraps are also used for protection and support. They have many different color and pattern to choose from. They are made of high quality, double-sided short pile fleece. They have just the right amount of stretch for easy wrapping. The extra long hook and loop closure maintains a secure fit. Nine feet long and packaged in a convenient set of four.
BeneFab™ Ceramic Polo Wraps
– These wraps are also used for protection and support. The BeneFab™ (Ceramic fibers which emit far-infrared rays) polo wrap is designed specifically as an exercise tool to increase your horse’s performance by increasing overall circulation, decreasing healing time, regulating the body temperature, and a reduction in inflammation and swelling. These wraps can be beneficial to all types of ligament and tendon issues as well as helping with overall soreness and/or stiffness. Our polo wraps were designed with a wonderful amount of stretchablitly and without any sewing along the edges. Therefore, the weight distribution when wrapping will remain even on your horse’s legs. Sold in sets of 4.
There are many different brands of polo wraps out there. BeneFab’s polo wraps
not only protect and support, they improved your horse’s overall performance with the ceramic fibers. Happy shopping! We will leave the decision in your hands!
For more information on the useage of polo wraps, visit: http://animals.pawnation.com/use-polo-wraps-horses-3716.html